Arena Professional Package
- Designed for use throughout an enterprise for system analysis, optimization and planning
- Excellent flexible and scalable tool for improving business or manufacturing productivity
- Easier-to-use flowchart-style, object-oriented modeling environment is the ideal way to bring the power of modeling and simulation to business process improvement
- Convenient spreadsheet interface to define data such as business variables, resources and schedules
- Helps you predict system performance based on key metrics such as costs, throughput, cycle times and utilizations
- Models complex discrete, semicontinuous, and batch processes
- Generates very detailed output statistics
- Direct read/write access to Microsoft Excel and Access
- Assists in identifying process bottlenecks
- Useful in planning staff, equipment, facility lay out, travel routes, inventory requirements, and business rules
- Models liquid and bulk materials processes, as well as high speed manufacturing lines
- Includes tools for developing customized, application-focused modeling tools
The design and implementation of supplier, manufacturer, customer, and internal organizational processes all have a critical impact on the bottom line – and your ability to stay competitive.
Poorly planned implementations can have disastrous effects, resulting in frustrated customers, lost business, and sinking profits. Arena® simulation software helps protect your business by predicting the impact of new business ideas, rules, and strategies before implementation – offline, without causing disruptions in service.
When the life of your business is at stake, Arena helps in selecting the most beneficial strategies, empowering you with the confidence to “go live,” while avoiding unnecessary expenditures, optimizing investments, and strengthening customer relationships.
Leading organizations have come to rely on Arena to help them improve customer service, capitalize on new business opportunities, and maximize profits.
Arena has helped organizations around the world to:
- Avoid costly mistakes caused by implementing decisions based solely on intuition
- Design processes to withstand the rigors and uncertainty of system randomness and variability
- Reveal hidden value and eliminate wasteful bottlenecks in existing implementations and internal processes
- Maximize customer relationships through exceptional service and delivery
Arena® Professional Edition is designed for use throughout an enterprise, supporting both in-depth analyses of a particular functional area (e.g., manufacturing, logistics, customer service, health care) and analysis of processes that span several functional areas.
Arena offers the unparalleled ease-of-use, flexibility, scalability, and domain experience required for modeling any aspect of a business enterprise. Based upon the concepts of the SIMAN simulation language and the Cinema animation package, Arena uses a flowchart-style modeling methodology that does not require you to program in another environment like C++ or Java. Its hierarchical modeling and an extensive graphical library help make Arena the world’s leading simulation system.
Features of Arena Professional Edition include:
Creating simulation models
- Powerful template development environment to create and distribute custom libraries of modeling constructs unique to your organization
- Completely scalable, enterprise-wide modeling to model any aspect of your business – from simple to highly complex processes
- Intuitive flowchart editor to describe processes
- Optional convenient spreadsheet data entr
- Powerful modeling of expensive and critical constraints and resources such as staff, equipment, and other investment
- No “brick walls” – robust modeling for detailed studies of complex systems
- Model virtually any material-handling scenario
- Hierarchical aggregation and decomposition to aggregate or expand system components
- Adaptability of the system allows you to exploit the easy, high-level modeling constructs when possible, then drill down to lower, more detailed levels when greater flexibility is needed
- Merge models built collaboratively through a simple copy and paste
- Free library of nearly 300 tutorial models (SMARTS) to help you learn
Data integration and model customization
- Read in data directly from outside sources, including Arena supported distributions
- Graphical editor to describe schedules associated with staff and equipment, as well as arrivals of customers, parts, or other system entities
- Input data analyzer that automatically fits raw data to the best statistical distributions
- Reuse existing knowledge and data through built-in spreadsheet and interface to standard databases such as Microsoft® Excel and Access
- Generate custom user and data interfaces with Microsoft Visual Basic® for Applications (VBA) and ActiveX® controls
- Customizable toolbars, context-sensitive menus, and online help
- Ability to create virtually any customizable metric to aid in evaluating system performance
- Automatic flowchart animation for dynamic visualiza tion of process flows
- Compelling system animation for presentations and system validation with a vast collection of customizable icons and dynamic business graphs
- Run-control features, including powerful debugging tools like graphical object browsers, watch windows, breakpoints, and more
- Easier distribution of models to others for viewing and experimenting
Viewing results and making decisions
- Comprehensive reporting capability through Crystal Reports®, including graphs publishable as HTML, Microsoft® Word, Excel, and more
- Automatic roll-up of statistics through process hierarchy so that you can view costs, times, and other information at the lowest level … and also see their accumulation in departments, workcenters, or entire facilities
- Detailed activity-based costing, custom statistics, and automatic confidence intervals
- Powerful output analysis tools to compare results from different scenarios
Arena Visual Designer
Arena Visual Designer is the 3D animation and data visualization application inside Arena. Visual Designer lets you design stunning 3D animations and live data dashboards quickly and easily. Dashboards allow you to have the 3D animation and the business graphics visible simultaneously for more professional presentations.
Visual Designer Dashboards offer
- Intuitive drag-and-drop environment to build dashboards quickly and easily
- Greater flexibility and visual control of your models
- Use of common charting controls to communicate your simulation results
- The ability to take advantage of charting with Microsoft .NET 4.0 framework
- Unlimited dashboard functionality
OptQuest for Arena
OptQuest for Arena lets you define various system inputs (controls and constraints) and desired system outputs (objective functions) and guides the selection of sets of input values (scenarios). OptQuest then thoroughly evaluates each scenario and dynamically selects and evaluates new scenarios in search of the optimum.
The separation of the model that represents the system and the procedure that solves optimization problems provide maximum efficiency in identifying new scenarios. The combination of efficiency in search methods and the power of Arena provides the best solution in the least time.
Natural and consistent modeling methodology
Many simulation software packages require users to learn and apply different and confusing modeling methodologies, depending upon the complexity of the application. Arena utilizes a familiar, flowchart-style technique for model building – regardless of the detail of complexity of the application being modeled.
Extendible and customizable
Arena’s standard, object-oriented architecture allows the creation of custom interfaces and applications. As an enterprise matures in its use of simulation, Arena Professional provides the development platform for organizations to craft their own suites of custom simulation tools, including objects specific to your system or organization.
Arena offers powerful simulation software in a natural, graphical interface. Designed to suit the needs of the beginner, yet powerful enough to satisfy the demands of the most advanced user, Arena adapts to both the application being modeled and the experience level of the user.
To improve the value of simulation and its use of existing corporate information assets, Arena Professional Edition delivers built-in, flexible interfaces to leading desktop applications, as well as embedded VBA for creating custom interfaces. ActiveX controls can be inserted into a model to enhance its UI or logic. Model logic and data can be transferred from Microsoft® Visio drawings using Arena’s Visio stencil. In addition, data can be incorporated directly from Microsoft Excel into models or it can be input using Arena’s convenient spreadsheet data interface.
Complete simulation project support
Arena Professional Edition provides a complete set of tools to support simulation project activities from start to finish, including statistical analysis of input data, an exhaustive collection of model-building templates and constructs, animation to visualize how your process works and communicate system behavior to others, powerful debugging tools, output analysis tools that help you statistically compare simulation run results to make decisions, and run-time capabilities to distribute your models to others for viewing or experimentation.
Why choose Arena Professional Edition?
Arena Professional Edition is our black belt simulation modeling tool. If you can describe it, you can model it with this product. Below are four key templates and features included in the Professional Edition that can be critical to helping you model the most advanced and complex systems.
Arena Packaging Template
The Arena Packaging Template is e# ective when analyzing high-speed manufacturing packaging lines and conveyor systems that are fundamental to the manufacturing processes of industries such as food and beverage, pharmaceutical, tobacco, chemical, electronics, and consumer products. It is helpful in predicting and validating overall line performance, operational and strategic line design issues (such as investing in new machines, designing sensor logic, and conveyor operations), and troubleshooting existing packaging lines.
Flow Process Template
To meet high-volume production requirements, manufacturing operations in the consumer packaged goods industry usually involve semi-continuous batch processing and/or high-speed packaging operations. While some of these operations can be modeled using discrete approximations, often a better approach is required.
The Flow Process Template is designed specifically to model combined discrete-continuous systems (for example, batch processes). If a system contains both semi-continuous batch processes as well as high-speed packaging or filling operations, then it may be desirable to use the Flow Process Template with the Arena Packaging Template.
Blocks and Elements
The SIMAN blocks and elements are the lowest level modeling constructs available in Arena. These commands provide model builders with the ultimate flexibility. Depending on the complexity of your system and intricate business rules you may need access to these constructs to build your model.
Arena Professional Edition software provides a powerful template development environment giving you the opportunity to create and distribute custom libraries of modeling constructs unique to your organization. Create your own models, save them in a custom template for your use or share these simulation tools with other modelers.
Novice modelers can access the power of simulation as a decision support tool by working with terminology, modeling logic, and graphical animation that are specially developed for their needs.
Experienced simulationists can improve their productivity and share the knowledge they have gained by capturing essential simulation logic and quickly packaging it into a verified, reusable building block for future models.
Minimum requirements/recommendations for running the Arena software include:
- Arena® simulation software, version 13.50.00.
- Windows Vista (SP1 or later, 32-bit version only), Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition R2 (SP2 or later, 32-bit version only), Windows XP Professional (SP2 or later), or Windows XP Home (SP2 or later).
- Microsoft Internet Explorer®, version 6.0 or later. Version 7.0 is recommended for Windows Vista operating systems.
- Adobe® Acrobat Reader 9.1.0 or later, to view documentation.
- Hard drive with 250MB free disk space (or more, depending on the options installed). 1GB RAM (or more).
- Intel® Pentium® processor, 2GHz or faster. The Arena software can be run on single processor, dual processor, and dual-core processor computers; however, you can only run one instance of Arena at a time.
Note: The faster the PC, the better the system will run. The running and animation of Arena and some large simulation models can be calculation-intensive, so a faster processor with additional memory may result in improved performance. In addition, a larger monitor and a screen resolution of at least 1024 x 768 are recommended for improved animation viewing. You must have Administrator privileges to install the software.
For more information and pricing of Arena software, please contact us!